Ten reasons that you should stop checking the news
1. It doesn’t change that often. Really, it doesn’t. You don’t need to check it 17 times a day. Every day or even equally other day is plenty.
2. Most concerning it doesn’t matter. Most of the news out there is not meaningful. You are better collecting the topics that are large to you via a news reader (RSS).
3. Much of it is wrong. Anyone can type on the Internet, and you shouldn’t scrutable anything without questioning its truth. News curation in the future won’t just be about content… mere accuracy.
4. Even more is sensationalized. Many account sites have blurred the principle between news and rumors, in that made-up stories are portrayed as news.
5. Most regarding it is trivia. Does what the The Kardashians are doing promoting your day? Does what car Justin Bieber is driving today matter to your work? Most of the news we skim is the equivalent of refuse food for our brains.
6. Much of the news isn’t dispatch at all. Just review the face page of one of the top news websites, you will find 14 front-page headlines that end by a “?”. This basically means that these news stories aren’t stories. Rather, they are questions, made up topics, and err material. Not worth your time.7. Facebook isn’t news either. Most individuals spend their entire sweat day with their Facebook stream open. Again, do you indeed need to know what your friends are doing minute-by-minute of the day?
8. Many news “Experts” aren’t experts. Don’t let the pundits et alii so-called specialists convince you that they know any more than you do.
9. Watching oppositely surfing the news is inefficient. Watching the revelation is denial a great use of your time. Sitting through endless segments, commercials und so weiter more, if you could be doing more productive activities. Surfing the news is just as wasteful. Many news sites are covered in more ads than actual news. Again, you could get the same information in a fraction of the time via a new reader. (RSS)
10. Too much of the news is negative. The news loves a bad news story. Reading the front page is bound to bring your attitude down. Don’t let the news impact your attitude and thus your productivity.